Sunday Worship Service
The Harbor Church Beverly gathers on Sunday mornings for a large group "Celebration Service" to worship and fellowship as a church community. This worship service is a great place to connect with us for the first time, and you can learn how to find it below. If you're a planner, take a look at the What to Expect section below to prepare for your visit. We invite you to be our guest on a Sunday soon!
Sunday Mornings @ 10:14 AM
Ayers Ryal Side Elementary School
40 Woodland Avenue
Beverly, MA 01915
140 Bridge Street, Beverly, MA 01915
What To Expect on a Sunday
How long does your Service last?
The service starts at 10:14 AM and finishes at around 11:44 AM.
What happens during the worship service?
A typical service includes the following components:
- Worship - Typically this includes a mix of both contemporary music and hymns where individuals are encouraged to worship in whatever way they feel most comfortable and led by the Holy Spirit.
- Blessing the children - CLICK HERE to find out more about our Compass Children's Church
- Prayer and Offering - As a guest, we simply encourage you to fill out a Connection Card and put it in the basket as it goes by. Members and regular attendees are invited to worship God by giving their tithes and offerings, either in the basket or through our online giving option.
- "Family Moment" or Testimony
- Sermon - A message related to growing in your relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Worship, Ministry and Response Time - This is a time to reflect on the message and pray.
Is childcare provided?
Children are a valuable part of the church! During our services, we have dynamic and fun classes for infants through fifth graders. Our goal is to see your kids equipped and strengthened to change the world! Learn more about our kid's program here.
Will I be asked to give money?
The offering time is for people who call The Harbor Church Beverly their church home and want to give toward its work in the community and daily operating costs. We don't ask our guests to give money, but we will ask you to fill out a Connection Card to help us get to know you and to keep a record of your visit with us.
Our church has an ‘open-book’ policy regarding finances, and we're happy to answer questions about how we make decisions regarding ministry and finances.
What should I wear?
We have no dress code for the Celebration Service. Most people dress casually and comfortably. Please feel free to wear whatever you feel most comfortable in for worship.
What is a Lifegroup?
A Lifegroup is a small group that meets regularly in homes for the purpose of building deep friendships and growing in Christian faith and practice. Lifegroups are a safe place to find community, to ask questions and to learn together how best to follow Jesus Christ.
I don't consider myself a Christian. Am I still welcome?
Of course! We welcome everyone to join us for worship!
How can I learn more about The Harbor Church Beverly?
We believe that what makes us special is our people. So, the best way to learn about us is to visit us in-person on a Sunday morning, or to check out one of our Lifegroups. Besides that, you can also check out our NEW HERE page, as that will give you a good starting point to find out more about our vision, values and beliefs.